FMC have been awarded Quality Mark level 1 for their Safer Leeds Domestic Violence and Abuse work. This focuses on all individuals who have been affected by Domestic Violence and Abuse.
The Quality Mark was awarded based on the information provided via our self-assessment form and following discussions with a member of the Domestic Violence and Abuse team.
The award lasts for a period of 3 years before Liaison and Diversion will be offered a review. This will ensure our surgery continues to meet
minimum standards and will allow the surgery to develop in line with any new criteria that is set.
- Increased understanding of domestic violence and abuse and how to respond appropriately when this is an issue for our patients
- Demonstrates our commitment to addressing domestic violence and abuse
- A Quality Mark certificate which identifies that the FMC aims to deliver best practice to all individuals affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Builds positive relationships with other agencies and sharing of information
- Enables staff training around sharing good practice and policies and guidelines
- Inter-agency working and demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement