Want to make a complaint?

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. 

We operate a practice complaints procedure, that is in line with NHS national procedure.


We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible  –  ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks.  This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

Within 6 months of the incident which caused the problem; or

Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that this is within 12 months of the incident

Complaints should be addressed to the Business Support Manager which can be posted to the practice or handed over the counter at reception. We also have complaints forms  available from the practice if required., please ask at reception.


We shall aim to acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 15 working days of the day you  raised it with us.

We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation or a meeting with the people involved.

When we look into your complaint we shall aim to:

Find out what happened and what went wrong

Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like to

Make sure you receive an apology where appropriate

Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.


Please note  we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.

A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable of providing this.

Alternatively a third party authorisation section is available on the Practice Complaints form

Other organisations available to help

We hope that you will use the practice complaints procedure to deal with your  concerns.  We believe this will give you the best chance of putting right what has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. But this does not affect your right to approach any of the organisations listed below if you feel you cannot raise the complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the results of our investigation.

How to complaint to the NHS

How to complain to the NHS – NHS (