As a patient of one of the above practices we are writing to you to let you know about the proposed merger of Morley Health Centre with Fountain Medical Centre. One letter has been sent to each household and we would appreciate it if you could share the content with other family members registered with our practices.
NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (which organises the delivery of NHS services in the Leeds area) have accepted a request from both practices to involve our registered patients in the proposal to merge Morley Health Centre with Fountain Medical Centre. As part of this, we are proposing to close the site at Morley Health Centre. This proposal does not affect all of Morley Health Centre, only the area currently occupied by Dr Saddiq’s practice. We would like to involve all patients about this proposed change.
The reasons behind the merger
• There is increasing pressure on the single-handed GP at Morley Health Centre, and he is unable to continue working without support from a bigger clinical team
• There are ongoing difficulties recruiting GPs and other clinical staff which has a significant impact on single-handed GPs
Benefits of the merger
Merging both practices will result in a number of significant benefits for patients and staff. The merger will:
• Increase the number and range of staff working at Fountain Medical Centre
• Improve the overall range and quality of services to patients
• Offer a wider choice of healthcare professionals operating from one site with high standard clinical rooms and facilities
• Increase GP and other clinic availability and capacity
• Improve access to additional on-site clinics and enhanced services
• Improve patient choice by offering access to a wider skill-mix of clinical staff
The views of our patients are very important to us. We would welcome your feedback about the merger and the opportunity to answer any questions you may have. You can provide feedback in the following ways: Fill out our online survey here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SRJ4WU/
Don’t worry if you aren’t able to access the survey online – we can provide paper copies at the reception. We can also provide the survey in alternative formats on request (such as alternative languages or easy to read). We will also send you a text message which will include the link which will take you directly to the online survey. Please could you complete the survey by 18 November 2022.
A copy of FAQ sheet (frequently Asked Questions). Paper copies are also available at reception. Please could we request that you read the FAQ before completing the survey.
We will be holding a face-to-face public meeting and also a virtual meeting to give our patients the opportunity to discuss the merger. Representatives of the 2 Practices and NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board will be happy to discuss the merger and answer any questions that you may have. The date for the face-to-face session will be Monday 31 October 11:30am – 1:00pm and will be held at Morley Cricket Club. A virtual meeting will be held on Wednesday 9 November 5:00-6:00pm. If you would like to attend either event, please confirm by email to [email protected] or telephone 0113 2213755 (between 10:00am – 12:00noon)
Morley Health Centre and Fountain Medical Centre have long enjoyed an excellent supportive working relationship, and in recent months we have explored the ways in which we can formalise that relationship by merging. This will enable us to share our expertise and resources for the benefits of our patients and the local population.